80% Lower News
Completing your AR-15 Lower Receiver build can be a major undertaking. Joining a build party can be a great way to enjoy it even more. Here are our top 5 reasons to join a build party!
1. Experienced Builders - Being the new guy at a build party is nothing to be ashamed of. It is actually an advantageous position since you’ll have the ability to learn from
other’s mistakes. At a build party, you can learn from more experienced builders
who can show you the "ins and outs" of building a rifle. Finishing an AR-15 lower receiver isn’t difficult, but having more experienced
builders around can make things go a little faster, and a lot smoother. You can
also avoid making small, but common mistakes.
Remember you must build your lower. Experienced builders can be used for advice, but they can’t finish your lower for you.
2. Tool Sharing - Good tools are expensive. Especially drill presses and routers. As a new builder you may not know exactly what tools you need, so you can borrow the small tools like roll pin punches and AR wrenches. Sharing jigs is possible, but just remember some jigs are only designed to be used once or twice. Our high quality heavy duty jig can be used for more than 20 AR-15 lower receivers. Also worth noting. if the tools are part of a business it is a no-no to use them. Individuals can complete 80% lowers, businesses cannot.
3. Cost Effective - If you are planning to attend or host a build party, more likely than not, the most effective method of purchasing lowers is in bulk. Bulk lower receivers usually come in 2 to 5 packs (and even up to 10 packs of 80% lowers) and can be packaged with a nice heavy duty jig and tooling. These bulk packs are the more affordable and convenient option for purchasing an AR-15 lower receiver and the tooling to finish them.
4. Help Educate Others on the 2nd Amendment - If this isn’t your first build, or build party, you probably understand the
importance of the 2nd Amendment. Build parties allow you to reach out to new
gun owners and builders and educate them on why the 2nd Amendment is important.
Firearm build parties are a uniquely American creation. We have a 2nd
Amendment, and the best kind of party to celebrate it is a build party.
5. It Is Fun - There are plenty of reasons to build an AR 15 and to finish an AR-15 lower receiver. One of those reasons is simply, it is fun. Building rifles is a joy, a challenge, and is quite rewarding. Doing it as a party multiplies the fun factor.
*Bonus* - Buying in Bulk - I mentioned buying in bulk previously. There is an additional benefit to buying in bulk. It simplifies logistics. When buying in bulk you are buying one type of lower. Many types of lower exist, forged, billet, polymer, etc. They each require different jigs and tooling to finish. Buying in bulk ensures everyone has the right gear.
Check out our selection of AR-15 lower receiver bulk packages, perfect for build parties. https://www.ar-15lowerreceivers.com/80-lowers/
So the time has come to build a rifle. You have a general idea of what you are trying to build. Now you have to choose an AR-15 Lower Receiver. Notice how we said choose over buy. You will certainly have to buy it, but there are multiple models you’ll have to choose from. That’s right, receivers don’t come [...]
AR-15 & PistolThe two words don't exactly sound like they would mix. How would a dedicated rifle platform become a pistol? As strange as it sounds a simple google search reveals we can buy an AR-15 pistol today via gun store or the internet shipped to an FFL. AR-15 pistols are often much smaller than [...]
AR15lower receivers come in a variety of different shapes, styles, and material. Plenty of terms can be applied to separating AR15lowers into different classes. However, the three most important terms are stripped, complete and 80% lower. These are important terms because they deal with both functionality and legality. Completed Lower A completed or complete AR15lower is a broad term that covers [...]
Cleaning your rifle is one of the responsibilities of owning a rifle. The AR 15 and AR 10 designs are built for professionals who have the means and the know-how to keep their weapons clean. It is an important step in the basic maintenance of your rifle. Cleaning your 80 lower receiver is far from difficult, [...]
Here at AR-15 Lower Receivers we value our customers, and while we are primarily in the business of selling AR Lower Receivers we also like to keep our readers informed. This is why we host this blog with how-to articles, tips and tricks, and general information. We aim to give our customers as much information as possible. Not only [...]
The jig is a necessary piece of gear to finishing your 80 lower. An 80 lower jig acts as a template when you start milling your lower receiver. Without it, you are drilling and milling in the wind. Using one properly is the key to successfully finishing your 80 lower. A good jig will be [...]
Choosing between the various types of AR-15 Lower Receiver options can be confusing. Our most popular AR lower receivers at AR-15LowerReceivers.com are the Billet and Forged 80 lower receiver. Check out this awesome diagram that shows the differences and pros/cons of the Billet and Forged AR-15 Lower Receiver:Want to know the difference between forged, billet and [...]
When it comes to owning an AR 15, you essentially have two options, buy or build. An AR 15 is one of the simplest weapons to build and can be done by just about anyone. By following just a few simple instructions, even someone with zero firearm experience can complete an AR15Lower receiver. Of course you always have the [...]
2016 has been an exciting year at AR-15 Lower Receivers. The passage of new laws around the country has cemented the necessity of 80% lower receivers for American gun owners. It’s been a big year for gun owners in general, however, the year is over and we wanted to share with you our most popular products of 2016. 1. Beautifully [...]