The Easy Jig Gen 2 Multi-Platform 80% Jig, and the 5D Tactical Router Jig Pro, are two of the most popular 80% lower jigs available on the market. We’ve seen hundreds of customers rave in their reviews about these two bad boys lately, so we’re here to size ‘em both up. Which 80 lower jig is better? Is one actually better than the other? Find out:
The Easy Jig Gen 2 Multi-Platform
Marked as one of the easiest-to-use jigs we offer, the Easy Jig Gen 2 Multi-Platform is a crowd favorite, especially for first-time gunsmiths. Easy Jig claims it’s the fastest jig on the planet. We find it difficult to argue, with average machining times taking less than 30 minutes. This jig is good for more than 20 lowers on original tooling, too – you can keep building for weeks!
Here are some other reasons why the Easy Jig is awesome:
- Compatible with ANY AR-15, DPMS Gen 1 .308, and AR-9 80% lower
- Integrated measuring guides – no guesswork!
- No drill press required
- Includes easy-to-follow instructions and video tutorials
- No jig assembly required to remove lower
- Includes all drill bits and end mill bit needed
The 5D Tactical Router Jig PRO Multi-Platform
The 5D Tactical Router Jig PRO Multi-Platform is another crowd favorite, tying the Easy Jig Gen 2 for overall popularity. But is it any better? The Tactical Router Jig PRO flaunts its rugged construction with reinforced side plates and hardened steel bushings. It also boasts easy setup and dummy-proof measures.
You guessed it – more reasons why the 5D Tactical Jig PRO is cool:
- 100% universal with any 80% lower
- Complete an 80% lower in 15 minutes!
- Requires just one pilot hole to be drilled
- Patented ReadyMILL end mill bit is strongest end mill bit available
- Shop vac attachment makes clean-up a breeze
- 1.5” side plates and hardened steel bushings
- Integrated router guide pines guarantee perfect milling
The 80 Lower Jig Verdict
So, both 80 lower jigs are pretty damn cool – but which one is right for you? The Easy Jig Gen 2 continues to be one of our most popular jigs ever. It’s slightly more affordable and with such a strong following, there are endless tricks, tips, how-to’s and other great references available from the community.
The 5D Tactical Router Jig PRO is built for the semi-pro. That is, someone who needs maximum speed, efficiency, and ruggedness to survive machining multiple 80% lowers at a time. You’ll pay slightly more, but you’ll be investing in a bomb-proof 80% jig. In truth, both are awesome!