At this point, there are many platforms of firearms that afford you the option to completely build them yourself from the bare parts. Well, the 1911 is no different. Here we're bringing you the 80% 1911 frame with tactical rail by Stealth Arms. Unlike your standard black 1911 parts, this one is still in its raw, bead-blasted state. This means you can make it whatever color you want. Got a killer durakote or cerakote theme in mind? Do it up. Got some other idea for a finish in mind? The sky's the limit. And oh yeah, it's made from 7075 aluminum instead of steel, so that not only is it easier to finish doing the cuts on, but when you finish building it, it'll be a lighter, more comfortable carry due to the frame being about 60% lighter than a steel frame.
The best part is that since this is an 80% 1911 frame and not a fully completed one, completing the frame yourself from a legality standpoint makes you the "manufacturer," and thus there's no FFL or additional paperwork required to have it sent right to your door.
Operation to be Completed
- Cutting the side rails
- Cutting the barrel seat
- Drilling the hammer pin hole
- Drilling the sear pin hole
1911 80% Frame Features
- Low Profile Tactical Picatinny rail
- Manufactured to be used with a 5” barrel
- Constructed from 7075 heat treated aluminum
- 60% lighter than steel 1911 Frames
- NO FFL Required to purchase
- MADE IN THE USA (OHIO)
Special Notes: We recommend every individual to do their own research regarding building your own firearm. We are not lawyers so please educate yourself on your state and local laws.
The 1911 Jig Overview:
The 1911 Phantom Jig consists of three main pieces; 1 cutting “car” and 2 long side plates. Carbides cutters are used to remove the material from the frame, the Phantom Jig is the only jig that makes use of these powerful cutters. The carbide cutters will be used to cut the slide as well as the barrel set in the frame.
The two long side plates serve as a guide for the cutting “car” to do its job. When the frame is installed in between the two side plates, the cutting car is then placed on top of your two longer side plates, at this point, the carbide cutter will be facing towards your 1911 frame side rail. To cut the rail, simply begin by working the carbide cutter back and forth. It's more of a manual task, but it's the best method for cutting these rails. The carbide cutter protrudes slightly and shaves layer after layer until your rail is complete, at that point you would flip the frame over and finish the other side.
BENEFITS OF THE 1911 PHANTOM JIG:
- The quickest way to finish a 1911 frame
- No need for a milling machine
- All necessary drill bits included
- Carbide cutters come installed
- YouTube video tutorials available onlone
- Compatible with all 1911 Stealth Arms frames
- Made in the US (OHIO)
- If using a steel 1911 frame we recommend purchasing some extra carbide cutters as steel is a tough metal than aluminum.
- We recommend every individual to do their own research regarding building your own firearm. We are not lawyers so please educate yourself on your state and local laws.
AR-15Lowerreceivers.com only ships within the United States. Federal legislation dictates we cannot ship our products internationally. Shipping of various parts and/or accessories are prohibited to states and locales (ie New Jersey, California, New York, etc…) with restrictions against certain parts and/or accessories (i.e. states with high-capacity magazine restrictions, manufacturing of semi-automatic weapons, etc..). It is your responsibility to be aware of your local firearms laws before purchasing from our website. We try our best to keep our shipping page current, but laws change daily.