In 1911, John Moses Browning invented the 1911 pistol, where it was adopted by the United States Army as its primary sidearm. Two years later in 1913, the US Marines and the US Navy liked it so much they followed suit and did the same. From then until 1986 when the 1911 was replaced by the Beretta M9.
This workhorse has served the US Military in more wars and conflicts than any other firearm, which makes it an extremely solid piece of the history of the United States. Some people would like to have a 1911 but for whatever reason aren't fans of the .45acp caliber. They prefer 9mm. If you're one of them, relax.
You can get your workhorse and still keep it in 9mm with this kit This build kit will get you a completed 1911 government-sized pistol minus mags. The frame is made of 7075 heat-treated aluminum, which means it's 60% lighter than the standard steel 1911 frame. Plus, it's got a picatinny rail underneath for mounting a tac light or laser.
The slide and parts kit is quality made and comes with all the pieces needed to finish your build including a 5" barrel. All you need to do is finish the cutting of the 80% frame and put it all together.
80% 1911 Frame Specs:
- Material: 7075 heat-treated aluminum
- Size: Government (made to be used with 5" slide kits)
- Finish: Anodized
- Attachment point: Picatinny rail underneath
Benefits Of This Frame:
- 60% lighter than steel 1911 frames
- No FFL Required for purchase
- Made in the USA!
Slide and Parts Kit Features:
- GI slide serrations
- Completely machined
- Snag-free Novak-style rear sight
- Sights pre-installed
- Parkerized finish
- Fits 9mm barrel (included)
- Complete set of 1911 9mm small parts included
Gun Case Features:
- Set your own combination
- Small enough to be concealed at home or in your car
- Durable steel construction and scratch resistant
- Includes a coated steel anchor cable to attach to immovable objects
- Foam interior protects your pistol
AR-15Lowerreceivers.com only ships within the United States. Federal legislation dictates we cannot ship our products internationally. Shipping of various parts and/or accessories are prohibited to states and locales (ie New Jersey, California, New York, etc…) with restrictions against certain parts and/or accessories (i.e. states with high-capacity magazine restrictions, manufacturing of semi-automatic weapons, etc..). It is your responsibility to be aware of your local firearms laws before purchasing from our website. We try our best to keep our shipping page current, but laws change daily.