Who says an AR can't reach out and ring 12" of steel at 800, even 1,000 meters? We don't because we threw together this incredibly accurate LR-308 rifle kit! Sporting a 416R Crucible barrel with the gold-standard 1:10 twist and enough length for optimal velocity, this LR-308 kit will allow you to confidently land .308 Winchester or 7.62x51 NATO confidently at distances you never thought you could reach.
Each kit is based on DPMS' .308 platform, the modern commercial alternative to ArmaLite's original AR-10 design. This guide covers the two rifle platforms in detail. This build kit includes all parts required to assemble a working AR-type rifle, minus a stripped receiver (the firearm component). Just grab a .308 jig and the optional 80% lower above, and you can hit the range the same day!
- Compatible with DPMS .308 platform
- Features hyper-accurate 416R barrel
- Uppers ship pre-built and ready to fire
- Not considered a firearm, no FFL needed!
- Optional 80% lower has mil-spec fitment
.308 AR Kit Specs:
- Barrel Length: 20″
- Barrel Profile: Mid-weight
- Gas System: Rifle-length
- Barrel Steel: 416R steel
- Barrel Finish: Stainless
- Chrome Lining: N/A
- Muzzle Thread: 5/8-24
- Chamber: .308 Winchester
- Twist Rate: 1:10
- Diameter at Gas Block: 0.125
- Gas Block Type: Low-profile
- Muzzle Device: Stainless
- Receiver Material: Forged 7075 T6
- Receiver Type: Low-profile w/ Picatinny
- Handguard Type: 15” M-Lok
- Bolt Carrier Group Included: Yes
- Bolt Steel: Shot-peened, MPI-tested 9310
- Bolt Carrier Profile: M16 Full-auto
- Charging Handle Included: Yes
AR-15Lowerreceivers.com only ships within the United States. Federal legislation dictates we cannot ship our products internationally. Shipping of various parts and/or accessories are prohibited to states and locales (ie New Jersey, California, New York, etc…) with restrictions against certain parts and/or accessories (i.e. states with high-capacity magazine restrictions, manufacturing of semi-automatic weapons, etc..). It is your responsibility to be aware of your local firearms laws before purchasing from our website. We try our best to keep our shipping page current, but laws change daily.